WiX toolset bug count after April 30th, 2009.

I have to admit, this week I was worried that we weren't going to be able to meet last week's bug count for the WiX toolset. Mike was out on holiday and we were starting with 3 extension bugs. Eric was also out so we probably weren't going to take care of the last MSBuild bug. Fortunately, Jason was able to kill off all the DTF bugs (again) and pulled off an amazing feat of profiling to nuke a Votive bug. Fredrik took care of the COM+ extension issue and I got the other two extension bugs plus the candle bug. Brian took one heat bug and one dark bug.

Read more...

WiX v3.x schedule, RTM and beyond.

Jenny and I invited Bob over for dinner the week before he moved east. He and I spent much of the time talking about new plans for the WiX toolset since Visual Studio decided to not ship it. I had a proposal and wanted to vet it with him. By the end of the evening Bob liked the idea so I ran it by the Visual Studio team. Candy worked up a full proposal and last week they agreed.

Read more...